Santa Barbara DUI Attorney Explains DUI Statistics and DWI Insights for Drunk Drivers
Looking for Santa Barbara DUI Statistics? Santa Barbara is a very popular city in California, located to the north of Los Angeles. This community is home to more than 90,000 residents in the city proper, with another 200,000+ in the urban area. Santa Barbara is connected to Los Angeles and San Francisco by U.S. Highway 101, a main highway in California. Even though this urban area has a very laid-back, relaxed environment, the law is anything but. California DUI laws are strict, and people need to understand that they can’t get away with anything no matter how hard they try.
Santa Barbara DUI statistics:
- Santa Barbara DUI Statistic #1: There are approximately 2,700 DUI arrests made each year in Santa Barbara County, California.
- Santa Barbara DUI Statistic #2: The state of California will arrest an average of 200,000 drunk drivers annually.
- Santa Barbara DUI Statistic #3: 81% of DUI arrests in Santa Barbara are male offenders, while the other 19% are female.
- Santa Barbara DUI Statistic #4: Santa Barbara County has a 92% conviction rate for DUI cases, which is the third highest in the state. The law enforcement here is serious, and follows ‘zero tolerance’ laws to the letter.
- Santa Barbara DUI Statistic #5: Underage DUI arrests in Santa Barbara can be made for adult charges when the driver has a BAC of 0.05% or higher, which is much lower than the legal limit.
- Santa Barbara DUI Statistic #6: Underage DUI charges can be filed for any driver under 21 with a BAC of 0.01% or higher, which is only about one drink.
- Santa Barbara DUI Statistic #7: More than 1,000 deaths occur annually in the state of California as a result of alcohol-related car crashes. About 175 of those deaths occur when drivers only have a BAC of 0.01% to 0.07%, which is below the legal limit.
These Santa Barbara DUI statistics can hopefully help to shed some light on drunk drivers and how dangerous they are on the roads. It never pays to drive drunk, and even when you aren’t arrested and convicted of a DUI you could still face serious consequences like causing an accident. Make sure that you take the time to learn about Santa Barbara DUI statistics so that you understand the true ramifications for your actions, should you choose to drive drunk in California. Your DUI lawyer will help you to determine which course of action is best when you are convicted of a DUI, but it always helps to know the Santa Barbara DUI statistics because it might help you prepare for what you are getting involved with. When you need DUI representation, make sure that you hire a qualified lawyer who knows the laws and statistics, as well.
About the Author: Kenneth M. Hallum is a Santa Barbara DUI Attorney. Hallumlaw.com is a web site where you’ll find more helpful resources about Santa Barbara DUI Statistics, DUI Santa Barbara and penalties for DUI. For more information about underage DUI penalties, Santa Barbara drunk driver cases, plea bargain and penalties for a DUI, bookmark https://www.dui805.com
Thanks for sharing the stats, Santa Barbara residents and people who plan to visit the place should be aware of this so they can refrain from drinking and driving. You know what, if Santa Barbara can impose such strictness, why not other areas too.
Very informative post. Knowing these statistics makes me realize the gravity of the situation and how the law deals with DUI. Residents of Santa Barbara should be more well-informed about this matter.
Wow! Thanks for the very informative report. This data may help people understand how serious the DUI problem is.
This post should be an eye-opener for all those who think driving after a drink is fun. Santa Barbara’s strict DUI regulations should help in reducing the number of accidents that occur due to drunk driving.
Thanks for the DUI Statistics! I hope everyone is now aware of the seriousness of the problem. Kenneth is a real expert in the field, and I am glad that he is able to share his knowledge with us. Thank you, Kenneth!
I never knew that the statistics of DUI cases in Santa Barbara are very alarming. Drivers should be enlightened about this.
The Santa Barbara DUI statistics is truly alarming. Thanks for the share though as this information may help others realize how serious this can get and hopefully avoid the consequences. But if you are already in boiling water, then minimize the penalties by getting the help of a qualified DUI attorney.